Author Topic: My Dear Salesian Confreres,  (Read 3055 times)

anonymous

• Dicastero Pastorale Giovanile
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Offline)
My Dear Salesian Confreres,
« on: December 18, 2009, 08:50:22 am »
My Dear Salesian Confreres,

Many, many prayers and best wishes for you tomorrow!  I thank God for the wonderful Brothers he has given us, me.  When I think about Don Bosco, the work he began, the wonderful Family he began, I am always moved.  As a child I knew (obviously, having attended St. Gerard's) the Salesian Sisters.  I was too young at my Baptism to remember Fr. Andrisani :)!  But reading the Biographical Memoirs always gave me this strong desire to know Don Bosco's Sons, too.  In fact, there was a missionary priest visiting his family once, neighbors of ours, (a long time ago) and I asked him one too many times, I think, you're not a Salesian?  I was really hoping he would change his answer to "yes."

So many Salesians have been quite a blessing to me personally.  Thank you!  And thank you in the name of the countless persons whom you've ministered to over the years.  This world is DEFINITELY a better place because the Salesians are in it!

All of us at the Provincial House are praying and offering for you throughout the day tomorrow.  May this anniversary bring graces untold and greater joy in your Vocation, knowing how much you are loved by the Lord and Our Lady, and needed by all of us!

In Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello,
Sr. Denise, FMA